Data Solutions Architect and Manager (m/f/d)
Germany - Hanau
Veröffentlicht am 28-11-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Powering the cars of the future. Giving new life to used metals. We are the leading circular materials technology company fulfilling its mission to create materials for a better life. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centers that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Umicore is deploying a Modern Data Platform with the objective of enabling its Business Units utilize their data and create data solutions that will help maximize business insights and realize value through different kinds of digital initiatives from Analytics to Data Science and AI.
As Data Solutions Architect and Delivery Lead you will use expert-level skills and help our Automotive Catalysts Business Units translate their strategy into actionable data products:
- Work in close collaboration with business process owners and analyst, and ensure correct understanding and description of business requirements
- Work in close collaboration with data engineers, cloud engineers and define the target architecture
- Be responsible for the design and delivery of data integration solutions according to best practices
- Be responsible for the design and delivery of Data Lakes and Datawarehouse solutions
- Be responsible for the design and delivery of Data Science and AI models
- Maintain the end-to-end vision of the data platform and ensure its scalability
- Translate the strategy of our Business Units into an analytical roadmap
- Enforce policies around data quality, data security, data retention
- Enforce project (Agile) methodologies and help deploy governance models for operational efficiency
- Coach and provide guidance to project team members
- Provide input and identify required architecture for continuous improvement of the Modern Data Platform
You will be located in the Data Solutions Center of Excellence, in Corporate IS. You will report hierarchically to the Head of the Center of Excellence.
Location will be Hanau in Germany. Frequent travels to the IS Headquarters in Brussels and to Umicore Automotive Catalysts sites will be required.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a master in information technology sciences, mathematics or economy
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in the domain of Business Intelligence, ETL and Datawarehouse, data science, advanced analytics
- You have a sincere and proven interest in the area of Data Management
- You can rely on technical knowledge in the following
- Data visualization: Power BI
- Data warehouse: Microsoft SQL Server, Synapse
- ETL: TimeXtender, Azure Data Factory (or other)
- Data Science: Databricks
- You have a mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal skills
- You are a team player with strong communication skills and with a collaborative spirit
- You are customer oriented, result driven & focused on delivering quality
- You have strong analytical skills and are able to lead complex projects and related teams
- Interest in and exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology
- Good internal and external networking skills
- You are fluent in English. German is a plus
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IF OUR PIONEERING APPROACH CAN MAKE US A LEADER IN SUSTAINABILITY, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Erik Steinbrecher | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-WolfgangBewerben