IP Analyst (m/f/d)
Germany - Hanau
Legal - Security
Veröffentlicht am 02-02-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Support Functions
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As IP Analyst (m/f/d) you bring value to Umicore Business through building, managing and using the IP Portfolio and safeguarding Freedom-to-Operate of Umicore Products and Processes. Your main responsibilities will be:
• Search and find valuable scientific and technical information for all Umicore Business Units and technologies in specialized patent information platforms
• Provide a first line IP assessment of relevancy with respect to Umicore products and third-party Intellectual Property in the form of concise reports, in collaboration with other members of the IP team and stakeholders
• Provide on-demand training on patent searching and scientific tools to users in Umicore’s R&D organization to ensure the necessary support in collaboration with external providers
• Support the Business Units in issues regarding patent searches
Who we are looking for
• PhD or Master degree in Natural Sciences, preferably Chemistry, Metallurgy, Material Sciences or related fields
• At least two years of experience or demonstrated affinity in IP search activities in the chemical industry or in a scientific environment – certification as an IP search specialist is an asset, such as QPIP (Qualified Patent Information Professional)
• Proven knowledge in the use of IP databases and search tools, such as PatBase, Clarivate Innovation, STN, Espacenet
• Basic knowledge in aspects related to Patent Law such as novelty, inventive step, validity and FTO (Freedom to operate) is an asset
• Knowledge in IP Landscaping to interpret complex IP data sets is welcome.
• Knowledge in the technical fields of Umicore is an advantage, e.g. Catalysis, Battery Materials, Recycling
• Excellent written and oral command of English. Knowledge of German or Dutch is an asset
• Authenticity, open-mindedness, respect and integrity are not just words for you, but part of (y)our very DNA
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
We look forward to receive your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Mr. Erik Steinbrecher | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang