Global HR Business Partner, Europe & USA, Automotive Catalysts
Germany - Hanau
Veröffentlicht am 28-07-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global circular materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Automotive Catalysts
We all have the right to breathe clean air, and at Umicore, we are a world leader in the production of automotive emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tons of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing?
Automotive Catalyst is expected to significantly contribute to the 2030 RISE strategy of Umicore from a business as well as a talent provider perspective, while managing the evolvement of its own BU through the curve of growth, peak and maturity. The function holder will act as a strong strategic partner to the AC management in setting the HR agenda for all related AC organization in Europe & USA in align with the Umicore HR strategy.
Main areas of responsibilities are:
- Strategically partner with assigned AC leaders to design and implement the most effective organizational structures and manage transitions using change acceleration techniques
- Provide timely, effective and direct coaching, assisting in the development of strong, contemporary leadership skills in line with the AC culture pillars of a “Trusted Environment” and “Self-Leadership”
- Lead talent assessment by identifying key employee strengths and development needs in order to recognize and develop key talent and select the best candidates
- Lead through critical HR operating rhythms, such as performance management, succession planning, salary planning, leveraging assistance from site and corporate HR sources (e.g. HR Administration, Employee Relations) as appropriate
- Partner with site and corporate HR, setting up fundamental HR activities in order to focus on strategic organizational and employee development strategies, while regionally securing as much consistency as possible
- Set the strategic direction and ensure the operational efficiency of the AC in the respective region in alignment with the Global HR Umicore and AC HR strategy
- Provide guidance and support to site HR during the negotiation for AC specific HR tools and processes as well as structural changes with local employee representatives (if applicable) and co-create a sustainable and trustful relationship
- Functionally lead regional site HR leaders and teams and create and inspiring and high performance working culture
You are an ideal candidate for us as you:
- Have a Master degree in relevant subject matter combined with certification in change management and coaching techniques preferable and savvy in relevant labour law
- Have gained experience in several HR functions (> 10 years) preferably with manufacturing companies
- Have experience in dealing with labour law issues, Compensation & Benefits
- Are a facilitator of various group sizes on all leadership levels with coaching and leadership assessment experience
- Have strategic mind-set and strong business acumen
- Have excellent judgement skills and able to drive the HR strategic agenda using knowledge of the organization and the employees
- Are capable of handling multiple issues and/or projects simultaneously and executing to completion and able to work in a demanding, high performance work environment
- Possess excellent collaboration, influencing, project management, organizational and change agent skills
- Have gained experience in change management
- Can lead with excellence and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Are passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits.
With all this and more, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?