Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Posted on 19-01-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
About Automotive Catalysts
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
• Gather, analyze, design, and implement requirements / optimization projects, such as but not limited to reports, system integrations, business processes automation and data delivery optimization
• Create, maintain and optimize data pipelines to extract data from source systems (cloud and on-premises) and load it into the Data Lake
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional business requirements
• Adapt the configuration in alignment with central IT Departments required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
• Evaluate and propose improvements on current architecture
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
• Create data tools (Small Applications) for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product and production needs
Who we are looking for
• At least 5 years of professional experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and with ETL transformation tools (Apache Camel, TimeXtender, Data Factory, etc.). Experience with different file formats such as Parquet, JSON, CSV, XML, etc. Experience with languages such as DAX, PowerShell, Python, Java, C++, etc.
• Experience with Azure data components and Databricks
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
• Strong skills on Agile methodologies combined with the knowledge of Azure DevOps Platform is essential to maintain and further build the solutions for our business.
• Project management, technical leadership, and organizational skills
• Strong communication both written and spoken
• ML and AI experience, SAP general knowledge, and data-related Azure certifications is a plus
• Fluent English is required, German is a plus
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my skills can help reduce harmful vehicle emissions, Imagine what you could do?
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Mr. Erik Steinbrecher | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang