Communications Business Partner / Head of Communications Catalysis (m/f/d)
Germany - Hanau
Group Communications & IR
Veröffentlicht am 13-09-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Powering the cars of the future. Giving new life to used metals. We are the leading circular materials technology company fulfilling its mission to create materials for a better life. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Support Functions
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Communications Business Partner / Head of Communications Catalysis (m/w/d) you are a strategic and tactical partner to the Catalysis business units and will bridge between the business units and Group Communications You will develop communication strategies and implement business-driven communication to support the business units’ strategies and in line with the Group Communications strategy. The function will have a strong focus on change communication. Your main responsibilities are:
- Communication counsel to the Management Team and Senior Leadership
- Develop and implement a communications strategy (internal and external) aligned with the business units’ strategic objectives and in line with Umicore’s Group Communications strategy
- Develop and adapt a message house,define communication supports and deliver on required communications outputs including events, training content & delivery, editorial content and digitalization
- For change communication: developing, implementing and supporting a variety of internal change communication projects
- Identify main business topics and messages for all channels
- Establish, analyze and report key performance indicators (KPIs) for communication strategies
- Coach the Internal Communications Manager and reviews production
- Create internal campaigns and materials and templates to support change management
- Ensure information, announcements, initiatives are known and planned in line with both local and Group strategy
Who we are looking for
- University or Master degree in a communication related discipline or comparable qualification
- At least ten years of experience in a corporate communications or other relevant environment preferably in a production/industrial company in the chemical industry or in a scientific environment
- Advanced knowledge of communication industry practices and upcoming trends as well as change communication
- English native-level language skills, fluent in German; other languages appreciated
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, strong presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills to effectively engage internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced in developing and delivering communication campaigns
- Knowledge and experience in change management
- Mentor with strong interpersonal and management skills
- Cross-functional and cross-cultural awareness
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If we can become a world leader in recycling and clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
We look forward to receive your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Mr. Erik Steinbrecher | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang