Commercial Director Germany
Germany, Essen (Todini)
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
General Management, Administration, Sales & Marketing
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Mastering the cobalt value chain. Umicore’s expertise covers the sourcing, production and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Umicore’s materials are at the heart of products we use every day such as rechargeable batteries, tools, paints and tyres. Our recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. To meet the demands of our customers we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
Most of the sales of the business unit Cobalt and Specialty Materials is done through its global distribution network Todini. Todini is a European leader in the distribution of salts and oxides of non-ferrous metals such as Nickel, Selenium, Cobalt, Iodine, Bismuth, Copper, Tin, Molybdenum, Vanadium and Tellurium. Todini has it global headquarters in Monza (Italy) and is part of the Umicore group.
In the following function you will work for Todini Deutschland GmbH, located in Essen (Germany), which is subsidiary to Todini and Co. S.p.a.
- You will be the managing director of our commercial office in Essen with about 10 employees.
In this role you will be responsible for the:
- Management of the negotiated supply contracts with third party accounts
- Negotiation and management of third party service contractors (logistics, warehousing)
- Sales & key account management, with the support of the regional sales manager for Northern Europe
- Management of administrative & financial processes, including hedging
- Management of physical flows, logistics and warehousing (including the management of working capital while guaranteeing product availability)
- Further you will participate to the definition of Todini's sales/marketing strategy. In conjunction with this we expect you to deliver EBIT growth in the region you are responsible for (Germany, Austria and the german-speaking part of Switzerland), whilst leveraging synergies with your peers in the Brussels and Monza (Todini HQ) offices
- You will streamline and optimize the organisation of the sales team, formed by the merge of two sales organisations (one for metals and one for chemicals), to better position Todini for its expected further growth
- You will set and achieve approved budgets and forecasts. Additionally you will report on a monthly basis on figures, as well as on market analysis, conditions & trends and competitive watch
- Office management will also be part of your function: This includes financial management, control of business risk, hedging book procedure and materials inventories and legal matters (financial, tax, environmental, legislation)
- You have a wide practical experience in the field of sales, ideally with distribution and trading of non-ferrous metals and/or chemicals
- You have comprehensive know-how in commercial management and at the same time outstanding passion for leadership, as well as strong organizational skills, which enables you to manage a sales driven organisation on the one hand, whilst actively handling key accounts and suppliers on the other
- You are fluent in English and German both oral and written
- You are an active listener and able to communicate in a clear, precise and nuanced way
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
We looking forward to receiving your application!