OEM Marketing & Sales Manager Europe Rechargeable Battery Materials (m/f/d)
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Sales & Marketing
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The OEM Marketing & Sales Manager Europe acts as the OEM interface and develops the OEM relationship to reach the RBM sales objectives and at the same time transfers the OEM requirements back into the relevant RBM division in close collaboration with the Applied Technology Manager(s).
• You will represent Umicore in the local market with clear goals:
o Develop a wider network at the selected OEMs
o Influence OEMs in your region to develop a preference for Umicore material
o Provide market and customer information and interacts with intelligence team based on thorough understanding of the local business
o Acts as the key entry point into the Umicore organization for the OEMs they serve
• For the Market Development & OEM influencing, you will work on contacting local OEM’s to influence them on cathode choice or influence their RFI/RFQ documents. You will build networks with them on R&D, serial production, sustainability, raw materials strategy and purchasing. You will also work on strategic pricing and follow up on JDA from commercial side. You will develop an understanding for OEM trends and how these translate into cell requirements.
• For the Marketing and Market Intelligence aspect, you will map cell maker customers design-wins at specific OEM’s and provide accurate estimates on Umicore positioning. You will participate in trade shows and speaking slots and meet regularly with (non competing) industry peers to discuss market.
Who we are looking for
• You have a University Master Degree in (Commercial) Engineering or equivalent by experience.
• You have at least 5 years sales experience in a high-tech complex sales environment with OEM’s, managing high value contracts
o B2B equipment sales
o component sales to automotive OEM
o Energy / electricity equipment sales
• You are Fluent in English; German is a plus, French is nice to have.
• You are stress resistant and capable of dealing with the sometimes conflicting interest between customers and Umicore.
• You are a self-starting and ownership-taking person with a can-do mentality and able to work independently.
• You are open to travel 20-30% of the time (within EU). You will be based in Umicore HQ in Brussels.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can make the world better connected, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Erik Steinbrecher | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang