Machine and plant operator
Contents and process
You have technical skill and love technology? You feel at home in production halls? Then this training profession could be right for you. As a machine and plant operator, you accept production jobs on the computer and prepare work steps to make the machines ready for operation. You have to set up or convert the machines with components, adjust manufacturing processes or manually operate the machine.
At Umicore, you will learn the following:
- How machines are set up and how to operate them
- Manual manufacturing techniques with tools
- Handling automated machines
- Maintaining machines through the cleaning and exchange of defective machine parts
School leaving certificate
You have a good lower secondary school leaving certificate with focuses in technical subjects.
- Technical understanding
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to work in a team
Duration of training
The regular duration of training amounts to two years.
Further education opportunities
If you like, you can add another training year and complete an additional course of training as an industrial mechanic.