Contents and process
You are fascinated by technology, like to tinker and have already successfully repaired a part or two? As an industrial mechanic, you need technical skill and craftsmanship. You convert workpieces, for example, or assemble finished machine parts.
At Umicore, you will learn the following:
- Installing, maintaining and repairing production plants and machines
- Programming work instructions into the machine electronics
- Handling various modern measuring instruments for quality control
School leaving certificate
You have a good lower secondary school leaving certificate or an intermediate secondary school leaving certificate with focuses in mathematics and physical and technical subjects.
For work as an industrial mechanic, you need a good spatial imagination and should always work as precisely and carefully as possible. The following are also important:
- Mechanical understanding
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to work in a team
Duration of training
The regular duration of training amounts to 3.5 years.
Further education opportunities
- Master craftsman or certified foreman (Chamber of Commerce)
- Course of study at a university of applied science