Contents and process
You like to deal with people, are fluent in English and have a liking for numbers? Then training as an industrial clerk is right for you. Industrial clerks are needed in many areas of the company, wherever core commercial functions are required. You can thus support many business processes and work on solutions to customer problems. Skill in negotiation is also required.
At Umicore, you will learn the following:
- Commercial processing in departments like Procurement and Provisioning, Production Management, Marketing and
- Sales, Human Resources, Operational Steering and Financial Controlling
- Working in interdisciplinary teams
- Use of new media like business management software
- Communication with international customers
School leaving certificate
You have an intermediate secondary school leaving certificate with focuses in mathematics, German and English.
Industrial clerks not only work on the computer. You are often in contact with many different colleagues or business partners. For this reason, you should like to approach other people. You
- have negotiation skill
- like to deal with people
- enjoy organising
- have the ability to work in a team
Duration of training
The regular duration of training amounts to three years.
Further education opportunities
- Industrial economist (Chamber of Commerce)
- Specialist clerk (Chamber of Commerce)
- Course of study at a university of applied science
Hanau, Pforzheim and Schwäbisch Gmünd