Chemical production specialist
Contents and process
Mobile telephones would not exist without chemistry – because they mainly consist of chemically manufactured plastics. You participate in such processes as a chemical production specialist. You operate state-of-the-art production machines, service them when they malfunction and conduct inspections. In the process, you must not be oversensitive to production noise and dust.
At Umicore, you will learn the following:
- Operating and maintaining production plants
- Monitoring and documenting work steps for manufacturing and processing
- Filling, monitoring and cleaning chemical plants
- Disposing of waste in an environmentally safe manner
- Observing work safety and environmental protection provisions
School leaving certificate
You have a good lower secondary school leaving certificate with focuses in natural science and technical subjects.
- Technical understanding
- Manual dexterity
- Responsible working
Duration of training
The regular duration of training amounts to two years.
Further education opportunities
- Completion of an expanded profession training as a chemical production assistant
- Certified foreman in chemistry
Pforzheim, Schwäbisch Gmünd