Surface coating specialist
Contents and process
You can imagine working in a workshop and handling metals? You like chemistry, physics and maths and you are good with tools? Surface coating specialists are true professionals for the refinement of metal surfaces. For this purpose, you require technical skill and can work extremely carefully.
At Umicore, you will learn the following:
- Knowledge of coating surfaces with metals, such as gold-plating using chemical processes
- Basic knowledge of metallurgy
- The environmentally conscious handling of sewage water, exhaust air and materials
- Working with and handling of chemicals
- Process control and quality assurance
School leaving certificate
You have a good lower secondary school leaving certificate or an intermediate secondary school leaving certificate with focuses in chemistry, physics and mathematics.
- Skilled craftsmanship
- Precise and responsible working
Duration of training
The regular duration of training amounts to three years.
Further education opportunities
Technician for electroplating and electroforming