Chemical production assistant
Contents and process
Chemistry is everywhere in our everyday life and helps to improve the world. Chemical production without chemical production assistants is absolutely impossible. Chemical production assistants are experts in industrial production, control production plants and are responsible for all manufacturing processes. In your training, you will find out how new intermediate and end products arise from raw materials and how to optimise the manufacturing processes.
During your versatile research, development and analysis tasks in the laboratory, you will learn the following at Umicore:
- Planning testing procedures and setting up the necessary equipment
- Operating fittings, measuring devices and controllers
- Maintaining production machines
- Testing materials with computer-supported analysis devices
- Evaluating and documenting test results
- Observing quality assurance, occupational safety and environmental protection
School leaving certificate
You have a good lower secondary school leaving certificate or an intermediate or specialised upper secondary school leaving certificate at minimum.
Chemical production assistants work together closely with other teams - team spirit is therefore a MUST. If you also fulfil the following prerequisites, you have a good chance of joining us:
- Understanding of the natural sciences: You are interested in chemistry, biology and maths.
- Care: You are characterised by precision, staying power and concentration power.
- Technical skill: You like to work with modern measuring devices and instruments.
Duration of training
The regular duration of training amounts to 3.5 years. In case of good performance at school and in the company, the training time may be shortened. The responsible Chamber of Commerce and the company must be in agreement.
Further education opportunities
- Certified foreman (Chamber of Commerce) (focus on chemistry
- Chemical technician (focus on laboratory or production technology)
- Course of study at a university of applied science
Protective goggles and a laboratory coat are your constant outfit. You often wear protective gloves as well – because safety has priority.
This training is not suitable for persons with allergies towards solvents and other chemical substances.
Hanau, Schwäbisch Gmünd