Strategy Manager (m/f/d) - Germany/Belgium
Posted on 23-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Corporate Development Department
Umicore’s Corporate Development Department houses the Group’s M&A and Strategy competences. The team is responsible for the management of acquisition & divestment files and provides related advice and services to its internal customers such as in the field of valuation. Through its decentralized business model, Umicore’s business strategy is embedded within its Business Units (BUs). However, Corporate Development provides strategic support to the BUs as well as to Group management linked to Umicore’s overall strategy and manages key strategic projects.
What you will be doing
You support in development, implementation and review of the Group and Business Unit strategies. You take an active role in putting the strategy into action and ensuring progress in strategy execution by overseeing the BU’s project portfolio, leading key strategic projects and providing regular updates to the Management. You communicate with internal Group and BU stakeholders, customers, suppliers and external advisors. You will also contribute to extend Corporate Development’s role as centre of knowledge and excellence for the Group in the field of Strategy, M&A and Project Management. You report to the Strategy Director who is part of the Corporate Development team.
Specifically, this will include:
- Support in the Group’s long term strategic planning.
- Assisting BUs in their strategy reflections in regard to their external and organic challenges and opportunities.
- Leading of strategic projects (e.g., customer programs, site search, M&A targets), also with the support of external consultants.
- Overseeing and driving the translation of the strategy into roadmaps and projects to execute on the ambitions.
- Management of the BU’s project portfolio, tracking the progress, identifying risks and providing regular updates to the Management.
- Preparation of files and presentations for the BU’s Management Team, the Management Board and the Supervisory Board.
The workplace can be Brussels (Belgium) or Hanau (Germany).
Who we are looking for
- You have a master degree and relevant working experience (5 years) with exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology.
- You have 3-5 years of Management / Strategy consulting experience.
- You have strategic insight, excellent analytical skills and you are apt to structure and drive complex projects.
- You are self-driven and experienced in delivering projects well organized and managing tight deadlines.
- You have excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- You are a seasoned team player and motivator within multi-national and multi-disciplinary teams.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If we can become a world leader in recycling and clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO
We look forward to receiving your application!
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Katharina Kerl | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang