Senior Manager Digital Technologies (m/f/d)
Corporate Development & Infodoc
Supply Chain, Applied Technology, Information Technology, Engineering
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
Within the Digitalization Project team of Umicore, this position has a leading role in the centre of expertise for digital enabling technologies (robotics & automation, sensors & IoT, AR/VR, additive manufacturing). This position assures that Umicore stays on top of the evolution of these rapidly evolving technologies and implements the state-of-the-art in digitalization projects. This position coordinates a community of technology users across the business units group wide and set standards for their use of such technologies, including designing the required training and certification. This position reports to the VP Digitalisation and will be located at our site Hanau.
Detailed responsibilities :
- You maintain an overview of the state of the art with respect to digital enabling technologies globally and investigate new developments. You proactively follow up and evaluate technologies that may be relevant for Umicore. You build up and maintain a network of collaborations with external solution providers.
- You provide and follow-up on recommendations, identify technology gaps and contribute to the digitalization roadmap with respect to such digital enabling technologies. You provide guidance with respect to new technologies to the digitalization team in order to unlock new opportunities.
- You take the lead in digitalization projects (or participate in other projects) with respect to the installation of such digital enabling technologies (Capex projects). You lead or participate as team member in digitalization projects with respect to such digital enabling technologies.
- You set up, coordinate and grow the community of users of such digital enabling technologies. You communicate and disseminate digital initiatives to stimulate faster proliferation and adoption of digital technology. You decide on standards related to the use of such enabling technology in collaboration with the community involved. You design related training programs and certifications.
- From the high level of expertise and complexity, you report on the use of such digital enabling technologies inside and outside the company.
- You have a master degree in IT, sciences, engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years of work experience in these expert domains.
- You have an expert knowledge about at least one of the mentioned digital enabling technologies, obtained in prior work experiences in industrial activities, processes and technology. Knowledge of Umicore and its businesses is a plus.
- Experience in operational efficiency/excellence and digitalization consulting is a plus.
- You are sensitive to the importance of IP and legal matters.
- You have a proven track record in managing complex capex projects (time, scope, cost).
- You have excellent oral and written communication (including to senior management), presentation and facilitation skills in English and preferably also German.
- You have strong analytical skills to understand the interaction between different technological components in a digitalization project.
- Your influencing skills are very outspoken. You have confirmed change and project management skills with leading teams and (large) groups.
- You are a creative thinker in identifying, structuring and acting on digitalization opportunities.
- You are stress resistant and able to manage tight deadlines.
- You are a team player and motivator within multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- You are open for periodic but irregular international travel.
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?