Regional Security Manager Europe (m/f/d)
Posted on 09-12-2021
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
About Support Functions
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Regional Security Manager Europe you will play a crucial role in realizing security excellence projects both on the Hanau site and on European level by consulting and supporting local security responsibles from 25 Umicore sites. Your main location is Hanau and you report to the Director Site Services Hanau with a functional link to the corporate security officer (CSO). You will be supported by one direct report.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Analysis of the current security situation of the Hanau site, followed by a strategic planning and the implementation of security concepts, in line with the corporate security strategy
• Performance of security audits according to German legislation and being the point of contact for security related inquiries from the business units
• Aviation Security Officer on site level: Ensuring a secure supply chain by training employees and conducting audits
• Proposing and overseeing security related projects in and across European sites, thereby ensuring a harmonized and consistent approach of security within the European sites in line with local legislation and corporate guidelines; assisting the local security responsible with the translation and implementation of global policies, guidelines and multi-site initiatives; leading projects to increase security awareness
• Fostering exchange of best practices across the sites within the region Europe, e.g. by being an active member of the security community
Who we are looking for
• You have a master degree in a security related domain
• You have minimum 5 years solid work experience in security, preferably in a high-tech industrial environment, and knowledge of the German legislation in that field
• You have experience with physical asset security, guard & camera systems, transport security, people security and intellectual asset protection (IT network security is out of scope for this function)
• You can translate legislation into practical procedures and technical information into workable standards
• You are skilled in security risk management and security audits
• You are experienced in project management and strive for pragmatic, solution-oriented approaches
• You are fluent in German and English
• You are an excellent communicator, empathetic, convincing and able to build reliable relationships with colleagues in different locations and regions
• You are willing to travel abroad occasionally
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Erik Steinbrecher | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang