Project Manager Digital Catalyst Development (m/f/d) - initially limited to 24 months -
Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
You will contribute to develop catalysts based on a deep understanding of the underlying physics and chemistry by establishing new laboratory experiments and simulation methods that allow us to predict and optimize the behavior of our catalysts in the application.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Planning, coordination, execution and documentation of R&D projects
- Leading the communication process towards your different stakeholders related to your research projects.
- Presentation of the results internally and to customers
- Development and implementation of sustainable problem solutions in cooperation with other departments
- Writing internal reports, scientific articles and patent applications
- Continuous monitoring of technical and patent literature
- PhD in chemistry, process engineering or comparable subject area
- Very good programming knowledge e.g. in C++, FORTAN or Matlab
- Experience in the simulation of chemical reactors, preferably of exhaust gas catalysts, ideally acquired through a PhD in this field
- Good knowledge in the field of catalysis
- Strong analytical skills, able to assess and summarize information and share knowledge and expertise with others
- Independent working style, creativity, ability to innovate and strong teamwork skills
- Confident appearance and very good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English, both written and orally and willingness to learn German. Korean or Chinese are a clear asset
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Sandra Döring | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang