Junior/Associate Scientist Process Simulation (m/f/d)
Corporate Research & Development
Research & Development
Posted on 11-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are crucial to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Driving progress through research. Providing material solutions for the world’s most pressing challenges and anticipating the needs of our customers requires a high level of investment in research. Umicore’s Group Research capabilities focus on new materials and processes to address the megatrends of resource scarcity and clean mobility. The nature of research and development means that we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
In the exciting position as a Junior Associate Scientist Process Simulation you bring your enthusiasm and engineering background to address challenges that arise in our R&D and production facilities, primarily to support the expansion of our battery materials business. As part of the Computational Science team, you get the opportunity to contribute to a number of process development projects. You work closely together with other simulation experts and the engineering teams on site to analyse bottlenecks and address inefficiencies by applying computational fluid dynamics (CFD), manual calculations or anything in between.
As a Junior/Associate Scientist Process Simulation, you will
- perform advanced CFD analyses of industrial furnaces and reactors ranging from heat and mass transfer problems to chemical reactions and multiphase interactions
- take ownership and responsibility of simulation projects after training
- align project contributions with the team and interface with involved technology/engineering departments
- generate ideas and communicate your project outcome in a clear, precise manner
- be involved in the IP strategy for the assigned projects
- grow your own and the team’s knowledge in process modelling
We are looking for a colleague who…
- holds a degree in engineering sciences (PhD preferred)
- has a genuine interest in computational fluid dynamics and process technology (initial experience with common CFD programs like ANSYS Fluent or OpenFoam is desirable)
- translates technical challenges into models, solves problems and formulates recommendations
- is a good networker with an eye for customer centricity
- has good oral and written English communication skills. Dutch, German, Korean, Japanese, Chinese capabilities are an asset
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Erik Steinbrecher | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang