Innovation Manager Catalysis (m/f/d)
New Business Incubation
Posted on 11-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About New Business Incubator
In NBI we develop long-term business opportunities for the business units, as well as business opportunities with a different business model that may develop into a stand-alone business, called incubators.
What you will be doing
As Innovation Manager (m/f/d) you are responsible to jointly define the long-term innovation strategy and for executing it in close collaboration with the Business Units (BUs), Corporate R&D (CRD) and/or external partners. You are responsible for identifying new technology and business opportunities through managing an ideation funnel, sizing the future business opportunities, stimulating the creation of intellectual property and bringing new opportunities to maturity.
• Defining the long term innovation strategy for catalysis in collaboration with the relevant BUs.
• Deciding with the BUs which of the innovation programs will be executed. Serving as a science- and innovation sounding board for the BU technology leadership.
• Setting up a research plan with the responsible BU partners to execute the innovation strategy considering competences and resources available in-house or through open innovation projects. Review the reported progress to ensure a coherent progress of all needed activities to reach the overall program objectives. Setting up the mid- and long term business targets for the different new business activities and monitor the intermediate milestones.
• Defining the technology competences needed to execute the long-term innovation roadmap.Hunt for, screen, evaluate and implement long-term opportunities, justify business cases and define integration models for appealing projects.
• Stimulating IP-creation across the programs executed in NBI and BUs, scanning externally published IP for potential integrating in Umicore’s IP-portfolio and supporting the BUs in defining business IP strategy and specifically in any enforcement actions needed.
• Setting up the annual budget for the projects, following performance against budget and regular reporting to senior management and developing long term financial plans for the programs.
Who we are looking for
• You have a master’s degree in chemical engineering, PhD in material science or chemistry with minimum 10 years’ experience in the relevant technology domain and a demonstrated ability to translate technology into business creation.
• You have excellent fundamental knowledge in the relevant technology domain and the real life applications of the technology.
• You have a good understanding of the relevant markets (materials and their applications) in general and of value chain specifics and dynamics in particular.
• You have a very good ability to value technology opportunities and good knowledge of open innovation and venturing practices.
• You have good knowledge on patents, IP (interpretation, legal aspects, valorisation).
• You are multilingual with very good English mastering (written and oral) and minimum basic mastering of one out of other languages like German, Spanish, French, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese).
• You have the ability to lead a team.
• You have excellent communication skills, good financial skills and the willingness to travel.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
We look forward to receive your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Mr. Erik Steinbrecher | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang