Director Global Quality Automotive Catalysts
EHS/Quality, General Management
Posted on 18-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Automotive Catalysts
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
A sound Quality and EHS management is essential to secure stakeholders satisfaction as well as to enable the organization to reach its profitability & sustainability targets and challenges. It must fit with the complexity of the business and the targets of global functions worldwide.
The Director Global Quality is responsible for managing the implementation of an adequate Management System in Automotive Catalysts´ entities worldwide. This includes adapting to the changing environment, checking the efficiency of the implemented management system, caring for continuous improvement and lessons learned process and escalating in case of critical situation.
The Director of Global Quality is a member of the Global Leadership Team of Automotive Catalysts and will further develop a proactive and high reliablity mindset of all in terms of quality as a strong contribution to develop the effectiveness of the business unit.
- You consolidate and align on strategic inputs related to Automotive Catalysts management
- You support global leadership team members for developing the quality maturity level in their field of responsibility
- You lead the Automotive Catalysts Quality community to deploy meaningful and value creating processes in their entities or functions
- You lead the Quality team to secure Q & EHS certifications in all plants worldwide to fulfill our strategic focus
- You lead and supervise specific interdisciplinary global projects with quality and continuous improvement focus
- You are the responsible for Quality customer contact and interaction in case of escalation need.
Who we are looking for
- You hold an advanced university degree in management education with a minimum of 8 years management/leadership experience combined with extensive working knowledge of quality systems management
- You are experienced in monitoring complex interactions and in leading and managing change processes
- You have good experience in the field of automotive supply
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English; other languages considered a plus (preferably German)
- You posses strong influencing, communication and collaboration skills as well as you show good strategic and decision making skills
- You distinguish yourself through your analytical but also creative skills
- You are energizing and lead with a proactive mindset
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my skills can help reduce harmful vehicle emissions, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Katharina Kerl | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang