Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Posted on 23-05-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
About Automotive Catalysts
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Create, maintain optimize data pipeline architecture and data models in Azure and SQL relational databases
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process requirements / optimization projects: automate manual business processes, optimize data delivery
- Adapt the configuration in alignment with central IT Departments required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL ‘big data’ technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Create data tools (Small Applications) for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product and production needs
Who we are looking for
- We are looking for a candidate with several years of professional experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases and with ETL transformation tools. Apache Camel, TimeXtender and Data Factory and Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++ etc.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Agile Software development skills combined with the knowledge of DevOps Platform is essential to maintain and further build the solutions for our business
- Strong project management, organizational and communication skills
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my skills can help reduce harmful vehicle emissions, Imagine what you could do?
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Sandra Döring | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang