Automation Technology Engineer (m/f/d)
New Business Incubation
Posted on 11-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are crucial to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Umicore’s commitment to creating a sustainable future relies on innovation in all areas of business. As we keep pushing our boundaries and strive to set new industry standards, embracing advanced technologies has never been more essential. Digitalization is constantly evolving bringing new opportunities for us. We harness digital technologies to unlock value in all our business processes. There is still so much potential waiting to be unearthed. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Coordinate the efforts to build competencies within the group for digitalization and Industry 4.0, including through cross-BU communities.
- Drive the entirety of the corporate digitalization roadmap and the establishing of roadmaps (short, medium and long term) for BUs or functional communities (e.g. operations or R&D) and supervise the management of portfolio of digitalization projects.
- Foster digital mindset and development of digital skills throughout the company through communication, training, coaching, communities. Coordinating the development of digital skills within Umicore, in collaboration with HR and UTDA.
- Technical responsible and owner for the pilot system projects of smart automation and robotization in collaboration with the business units’ user department and external system provider.
- Inspire the BUs and identify synergies between the BUs by (1) showcasing use cases of one BU to other BUs or (2) showcasing external use cases within Umicore. You will work closely with other members of the Center of Expertise for Digital Technologies and corporate digitalization team to define priorities and roadmaps for implementation.
What you will be doing
- You will follow-up on the latest software and hardware developments of the smart and autonomous automation and robotization technologies including:
- Flexible and modular system design and integration
- Cloud-based automation and control platform
- Software and hardware platform for automation station, multi-axis manipulator, and autonomous mobile robot
- Lab automation equipment for functional material chemical processes
- Industrial IoT system with wired/wireless industrial communication network
Who we are looking for
- A minimum of bachelor degree in robotics and automation control, mechatronics engineering, electrical engineering, information and communications technology or an equivalent degree.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in system integration for automation control and robotization ideally within the Umicore relevant industries.
- Project management skills regarding complex technical projects within time, budget, and defined scopes.
- Knowledge of chemical lab automation and process systems for milling, firing, wet- and solid-synthesis, and/or characterization is a huge plus.
- Expertise in one or more software platform for collaborative and mobile robot controlling system, PLC/DCS/SCADA controlling system, real-time operation system (RTOS), and embedded system.
- Working knowhow in one or more hardware platform technologies for motion control, multi-axis manipulator, vision systems, and PLC/DCS/SCADA hardware.
- Highly skilled in common industrial networking architecture and fieldbus communication protocols.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Erik Steinbrecher | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang